Delaware Park shipper Akronism seems to have found a home in Canada, as the 4-year-old filly won her second consecutive graded stakes at Woodbine, this time taking the $157,800 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a length Sept. 6.
If Akronism runs the way she did when she won the Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at six furlongs at Woodbine, she stands a good chance of winning the Sept. 6 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) at the Toronto track.
Three-time graded stakes winner Sugar Swirl tuned up nicely for a start in Saratoga's Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) next month by winning the inaugural Scotzanna Stakes at Woodbine July 18.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos