Delaware Park shipper Akronism seems to have found a home in Canada, as the 4-year-old filly won her second consecutive graded stakes at Woodbine, this time taking the $157,800 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a length Sept. 6.
If Akronism runs the way she did when she won the Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at six furlongs at Woodbine, she stands a good chance of winning the Sept. 6 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) at the Toronto track.
Three-time graded stakes winner Sugar Swirl tuned up nicely for a start in Saratoga's Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) next month by winning the inaugural Scotzanna Stakes at Woodbine July 18.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work