Delaware Park shipper Akronism seems to have found a home in Canada, as the 4-year-old filly won her second consecutive graded stakes at Woodbine, this time taking the $157,800 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a length Sept. 6.
If Akronism runs the way she did when she won the Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at six furlongs at Woodbine, she stands a good chance of winning the Sept. 6 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) at the Toronto track.
Three-time graded stakes winner Sugar Swirl tuned up nicely for a start in Saratoga's Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) next month by winning the inaugural Scotzanna Stakes at Woodbine July 18.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next