Delaware Park shipper Akronism seems to have found a home in Canada, as the 4-year-old filly won her second consecutive graded stakes at Woodbine, this time taking the $157,800 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a length Sept. 6.
If Akronism runs the way she did when she won the Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at six furlongs at Woodbine, she stands a good chance of winning the Sept. 6 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) at the Toronto track.
Three-time graded stakes winner Sugar Swirl tuned up nicely for a start in Saratoga's Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) next month by winning the inaugural Scotzanna Stakes at Woodbine July 18.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes