John Ward Jr., recently hired as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, has asked to begin his new job April 16, not April 1 as previously announced.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster