John Ward Jr., recently hired as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, has asked to begin his new job April 16, not April 1 as previously announced.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa