John Ward Jr., recently hired as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, has asked to begin his new job April 16, not April 1 as previously announced.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown