John Ward Jr., recently hired as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, has asked to begin his new job April 16, not April 1 as previously announced.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Most Popular Stories
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted