John Ward Jr., recently hired as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, has asked to begin his new job April 16, not April 1 as previously announced.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease