John Ward Jr., recently hired as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, has asked to begin his new job April 16, not April 1 as previously announced.
The former executive director of the abolished Kentucky Racing Commission could face ethics charges because he accepted a position as a consultant with Churchill Downs, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire