A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta