A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87