A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives