A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII