A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite