A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby