A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot