A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5