A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Ellis Park, RaceTech Extend Contract
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- New H-2B Visa Program Rules Released