A decision by the AmericaTAB account wagering consortium to join TrackNet Media Group is a sign of support for efforts by Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. to end exclusive contracts, an official said.
The majority owner of a growing account-wagering service based in Ohio said exclusive contracts that govern betting could cripple the pari-mutuel industry at a time when it is poised for explosive growth. The comments came on the heels of a spirited debate between the TV Games Network and Magna Entertainment over exclusivity, an issue that won't go away.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses