Exclusive Ribot, perhaps the last living offspring sired by Federico Tesio's great European champion Ribot, died Aug. 8 at age 32 of heart failure at Brian Wallis' Dormello II Stud near Decatur, Texas.
Ten-year-old Men's Exclusive overtook heavy betting favorite Hombre Rapido entering the stretch and held off Golden Hare for a half-length victory Wednesday in the $79,040 classified allowance feature at Santa Anita Park.
After a long and productive career, sprint specialist 10-year-old Men's Exclusive begins his final season in the Sunshine Millions on Saturday.
A couple years ago, Men's Exclusive was showing signs of old age. But now the old war horse is rejuvenated. He turns 10 on Jan. 1 and still shows enough professionalism and zip to pay his way on the racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge