Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud is relocating its stallion station from the original location near Ocala, Fla., to a property near Reddick.
Fresh off the claim, Sr. Quisqueyano upset the $250,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park, holding off East Hall by a half-length in a shocker.
Rosa Stephany Taveras' Sr. Quisqueyano pulls away from odds-on Speak Logistics to win the $250,000 Calder Derby by 7 1/2 lengths.
A filly by Exclusive Quality and colts by Bernstein and Unbridled's Song sped eighths in :10 flat, fastest at the distance at the first session of the Under Tack Show for Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2012 June sale.
Stakes winner Exclusive Quality sired his first winner from his first crop when his 2-year-old daughter Exclusively Maria scored at Calder Race Course June 25.
Exclusive Quality, a track record-setting son of leading sire Elusive Quality, will enter stud in 2008 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
WinStar Farm's 4-year-old Venetian Sunset, trained by Todd Pletcher, set a track record for a mile at Gulfstream Park of 1:34.11, winning Saturday's third-race allowance by 10 lengths under jockey John Velazquez.
The journey on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) Trail officially began last weekend, and although none of the major stars were in action, there were enough solid performances – both gutsy and explosive -- to start the year off in a positive way.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off