Fresh off the claim, Sr. Quisqueyano upset the $250,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park, holding off East Hall by a half-length in a shocker.
Rosa Stephany Taveras' Sr. Quisqueyano pulls away from odds-on Speak Logistics to win the $250,000 Calder Derby by 7 1/2 lengths.
A filly by Exclusive Quality and colts by Bernstein and Unbridled's Song sped eighths in :10 flat, fastest at the distance at the first session of the Under Tack Show for Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2012 June sale.
Stakes winner Exclusive Quality sired his first winner from his first crop when his 2-year-old daughter Exclusively Maria scored at Calder Race Course June 25.
Exclusive Quality, a track record-setting son of leading sire Elusive Quality, will enter stud in 2008 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla.
WinStar Farm's 4-year-old Venetian Sunset, trained by Todd Pletcher, set a track record for a mile at Gulfstream Park of 1:34.11, winning Saturday's third-race allowance by 10 lengths under jockey John Velazquez.
The journey on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) Trail officially began last weekend, and although none of the major stars were in action, there were enough solid performances – both gutsy and explosive -- to start the year off in a positive way.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother