The newly created Gulfstream Park Derby introduced the first of this year's rising 3-year-old hopefuls on New Year's Day.
Elle Seule, a French group II winner and one of nine stakes winners out of the Pretense mare Fall Aspen, died Feb. 21 because of a ruptured aneurysm at Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks