Grade II winner Exchange Rate has undergone a fee adjustment at Satish and Anne Sanan's Padua Stables near Summerfield, Fla.
Grade II winner Exchange Rate, who was retired from racing this summer, will enter stud at Satish and Anne Sanan's Padua Stables near Summerfield, Fla.
Padua Stables' Exchange Rate, who won the grade II Tom Fool Handicap at Belmont Park in his last start, was injured in training and has been retired. Exchange Rate would have made his next start in the grade I Forego Handicap at Saratoga in early September.
Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Kona Gold will face only three challengers when he carries top weight of 126 pounds in Sunday's grade II Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap at 6 1/2 furlongs. The Java Gold gelding, who carried 125 pounds to win the March 4 San Carlos Handicap, will be spotting the field from 11 to 16 pounds as he seeks his sixth consecutive victory.
Under Laffit Pincay Jr., California-bred Road to Slew edged clear of Hollycombe and held off the late challenge of a slew of horses to win the $400,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) by one length, Saturday at Santa Anita. On a turf track listed as good, Road to Slew completed the distance in 1:35.96.
A field of 11 older turf runners have entered for Saturday's 42nd running of the Frank E. Kilroe Mile on the Camino Real turf course. Formerly run as the Arcadia Handicap, the race was renamed in 2001 to honor longtime Southern California racing secretary 'Jimmy' Kilroe.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong