Leah's Secret emerged from the pack mid-stretch and held off fellow outsider Vestrey Lady to win the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, creating some huge payoffs at Keeneland Saturday.
The 2006 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) will go down as one of the strangest races of the year when the 40-1 shot Miss Norman, who was leading the field and seemingly in control twice bolted toward the outside rail, allowing Ready to Please to take the victory Friday at Oaklawn Park.
An interesting group of eight 3-year-old fillies was entered Monday for Friday's Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park.
Robert and Beverly Lewis's 2-year-old filly champion Folklore and the mutuel field remained the strong betting choices on Friday as the four-day opening pool of Churchill Downs' 2006 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager reached its halfway point.
Favored Folklore took the lead, gave it up, and then reclaimed it en route to a win in the $1.06 million Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
She Says It Best took the early lead and never looked back en route to a 2 1/2-length upset in the Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II), the opening-day feature at Keeneland on Friday.
A field of 11 juvenile fillies with no heavy favorite should make for a competitive renewal of the Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) Friday, Keeneland's opening day of the fall meeting.
Illinois-bred filly Original Spin, who races in the colors of the Russell L. Reineman Stable Inc., rallied four-wide in the stretch to win the $147,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) by 4 ¼ lengths in her second career start.
Two-year-olds of both sexes take center stage on Sunday in a pair of grade III races that are part of closing day at Arlington Park this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate