Leah's Secret emerged from the pack mid-stretch and held off fellow outsider Vestrey Lady to win the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, creating some huge payoffs at Keeneland Saturday.
The 2006 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) will go down as one of the strangest races of the year when the 40-1 shot Miss Norman, who was leading the field and seemingly in control twice bolted toward the outside rail, allowing Ready to Please to take the victory Friday at Oaklawn Park.
An interesting group of eight 3-year-old fillies was entered Monday for Friday's Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park.
Robert and Beverly Lewis's 2-year-old filly champion Folklore and the mutuel field remained the strong betting choices on Friday as the four-day opening pool of Churchill Downs' 2006 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager reached its halfway point.
Favored Folklore took the lead, gave it up, and then reclaimed it en route to a win in the $1.06 million Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
She Says It Best took the early lead and never looked back en route to a 2 1/2-length upset in the Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II), the opening-day feature at Keeneland on Friday.
A field of 11 juvenile fillies with no heavy favorite should make for a competitive renewal of the Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) Friday, Keeneland's opening day of the fall meeting.
Illinois-bred filly Original Spin, who races in the colors of the Russell L. Reineman Stable Inc., rallied four-wide in the stretch to win the $147,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) by 4 ¼ lengths in her second career start.
Two-year-olds of both sexes take center stage on Sunday in a pair of grade III races that are part of closing day at Arlington Park this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II