Calder Race Course announced the postponement of its two graded stakes scheduled for Dec. 5--the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) and $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIT)--due to a current quarantine of the stable area. There is no word on when the races will be rescheduled.
Two days following a Dec. 8 report that a Standardbred had tested positive at a Delaware training center, blood and nasal swab samples were collected from all horses in the quarantined barn and submitted to the University of Kentucky for PCR testing to detect the disease.
A Delaware state veterinarian announced Dec. 8 a Standardbred horse in Kent County tested positive for equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1), a highly infectious viral disease of horses.
In the last month, 16 of the 19 horses at Brookhill Stables in Goble, Ore., and two horses from a nearby private farm, have showed respiratory and/or neurologic signs consistent with equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1), although not all have been tested for the disease.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot