Calder Race Course announced the postponement of its two graded stakes scheduled for Dec. 5--the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) and $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIT)--due to a current quarantine of the stable area. There is no word on when the races will be rescheduled.
Two days following a Dec. 8 report that a Standardbred had tested positive at a Delaware training center, blood and nasal swab samples were collected from all horses in the quarantined barn and submitted to the University of Kentucky for PCR testing to detect the disease.
A Delaware state veterinarian announced Dec. 8 a Standardbred horse in Kent County tested positive for equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1), a highly infectious viral disease of horses.
In the last month, 16 of the 19 horses at Brookhill Stables in Goble, Ore., and two horses from a nearby private farm, have showed respiratory and/or neurologic signs consistent with equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1), although not all have been tested for the disease.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Riders Trujillo, Nakatani to Fight for PDJF
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend