Trainer John Sadler thought Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) favorite Tasha's Miracle was going to be special the first time he saw her. He tried to buy her during Barrett's 2-year-olds in training sale earlier this year, but her reserve, in the $300,000 range, proved too expensive for his budget.
Ever So Pretty, a 2-year-old full sister to Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) winner Stormello, made her racing debut a winning one June 2 at Hollywood Park. Under jockey Mike Smith, Ever So Pretty jumped out to an early lead in the five-furlong maiden race, led at one point by 3 1/2 lengths, and held off a closing Tasha's Miracle to score by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%