A field of 11 will gather for the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) at Hawthorne Race Course Nov. 29, contesting the only graded stakes and open event of Hawthorne Race Course's fall stand.
Cary Street, saving ground every step of the way under Miguel Mena, outlasted Ever Rider to spring a 28-1 surprise in the $200,000 Greenwood Cup (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the main track at Parx Racing Sept. 1.
At $500,000 the Brooklyn Invitational pot has been sweetened, and a field of eight runners will seek to last the mile and a half in a division that has been weakened by the cancellation of the Breeders' Cup Marathon.
With Tyler Baze at the controls, Majestic Harbor seized control going to the three eighths pole in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita Park, opening up an insurmountable lead and winning easily.
Blueskiesnrainbows, whose front-running tactics nearly paid off in last fall's Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II), will try another long-distance journey in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita.
Argentinian-bred Ever Rider, looking to follow the path taken by Calidoscopio, heads a field of 10 along with millionaire Pool Play in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) on Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
"The horses are for the dreamers, for the romantics," said Alberto Ibanez, sitting at Clocker's Corner on the Sunday morning before the Breeders' Cup World Championships. "With horses, you win races, not money."
Ever Rider won the Clasico Belgrano (Arg-II) in an upset June 21 at Palermo in Buenos Aires, earning a trip to the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream