Cirrus des Aigles got the best of Qutar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) winner Treve in a stretch-long duel April 27 at Longchamp, handing the filly the first defeat of her career in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I).
As a showdown with Frankel looms later this month, European champion Cirrus des Aigles uncoiled an explosive rally a quarter mile out at Longchamp, romping to an easy win in the Oct. 6 Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-II).
Cirrus des Aigles took the lead soon after the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy eight-length victory in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 29.
France's Corine Barande-Barbe became the first female trainer to win a race on Dubai World Cup night when Cirrus des Aigles captured the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic Presented By Longines (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse.
French raider Cirrus des Aigles edged So You Think in the final strides to claim victory in the $2,028,000 QIPCO Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike