Cirrus des Aigles set the pace and repelled a bid from Al Kazeem to land the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) for the third time May 3 at Longchamp.
Cirrus des Aigles got the best of Qutar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) winner Treve in a stretch-long duel April 27 at Longchamp, handing the filly the first defeat of her career in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I).
As a showdown with Frankel looms later this month, European champion Cirrus des Aigles uncoiled an explosive rally a quarter mile out at Longchamp, romping to an easy win in the Oct. 6 Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-II).
Cirrus des Aigles took the lead soon after the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy eight-length victory in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 29.
France's Corine Barande-Barbe became the first female trainer to win a race on Dubai World Cup night when Cirrus des Aigles captured the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic Presented By Longines (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse.
French raider Cirrus des Aigles edged So You Think in the final strides to claim victory in the $2,028,000 QIPCO Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam