Saratoga County, winner of the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) in March, was euthanized late Friday after developing laminitis, Daily Racing Form reports.
Millionaire sprinter Saratoga County, who captured the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE- I) March 26, is currently ill and in the care of an undisclosed Saratoga Springs, N.Y., veterinary clinic according to the horse's co-owner Richard Pollard.
Tom Simon's Vinery has purchased a majority interest in the breeding rights of millionaire and group I-winning sprinter Saratoga County.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution