Saratoga County, winner of the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) in March, was euthanized late Friday after developing laminitis, Daily Racing Form reports.
Millionaire sprinter Saratoga County, who captured the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE- I) March 26, is currently ill and in the care of an undisclosed Saratoga Springs, N.Y., veterinary clinic according to the horse's co-owner Richard Pollard.
Tom Simon's Vinery has purchased a majority interest in the breeding rights of millionaire and group I-winning sprinter Saratoga County.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Laurie's Rocket to Stand at McDowell Farm
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Pour Moi Colt Tops Yearling Action at Arqana
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Keeneland-Based Horses are BC Bound
- Dimension Looking to Improve in Turf Sprint