Saratoga County, winner of the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) in March, was euthanized late Friday after developing laminitis, Daily Racing Form reports.
Millionaire sprinter Saratoga County, who captured the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE- I) March 26, is currently ill and in the care of an undisclosed Saratoga Springs, N.Y., veterinary clinic according to the horse's co-owner Richard Pollard.
Tom Simon's Vinery has purchased a majority interest in the breeding rights of millionaire and group I-winning sprinter Saratoga County.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls