As expected the Americans won the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) over six furlongs on the dirt, but it was not hot favorite Pico Central who took the honors but George Weaver's Saratoga Country who landed the spoils under Javier Castellano.
Relentless Saratoga County reached the wire first in his final jump over a stubborn Don Six to win his third straight race in the $200,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Monday.
Saratoga County, thought to be better at distances longer than the six furlongs of Saturday's $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III), humbled the field with a torrid stretch run at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Darysina Tops Opening Day of Arqana Sale
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas