As expected the Americans won the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) over six furlongs on the dirt, but it was not hot favorite Pico Central who took the honors but George Weaver's Saratoga Country who landed the spoils under Javier Castellano.
Relentless Saratoga County reached the wire first in his final jump over a stubborn Don Six to win his third straight race in the $200,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Monday.
Saratoga County, thought to be better at distances longer than the six furlongs of Saturday's $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III), humbled the field with a torrid stretch run at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses