As expected the Americans won the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) over six furlongs on the dirt, but it was not hot favorite Pico Central who took the honors but George Weaver's Saratoga Country who landed the spoils under Javier Castellano.
Relentless Saratoga County reached the wire first in his final jump over a stubborn Don Six to win his third straight race in the $200,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Monday.
Saratoga County, thought to be better at distances longer than the six furlongs of Saturday's $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III), humbled the field with a torrid stretch run at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21