Evangeline Downs officials have rescheduled the three stakes that were slated for the main track May 30 to now be run June 6.
A severe rainstorm May 30 forced Evangeline Downs officials to cancel 11 races on the 12-race card
Because of to extremely wet conditions from heavy rains earlier in the week, management at Evangeline Downs has decided to move the three turf races scheduled for its May 30 program to the main track.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino announced the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint will be renewed May 30, three weeks earlier than the inaugural event in 2014.
Favored Heitai ran his rivals off their feet with a comfortable front-running romp in the inaugural $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint the night of June 21 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel.
Graded stakes winners Gantry and Sum of the Parts head a field of 10 sprinters in the inaugural running of the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint June 21 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel.
The $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint, a newly-created event for 3-year-olds and up at a distance of five furlongs to be run June 21, is the centerpiece of the 2014 Evangeline Downs stakes schedule released Feb. 26.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest