Dylan Thomas, who was recently named Cartier Horse of the Year and top older horse in Europe, is no longer a contender for the Nov. 25 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) due to not testing negative for equine viral arteritis.
An outbreak of Equine Viral Arteritis has been confirmed at a New Mexico Quarter Horse farm, according to a release from the Reference Laboratory for Equine Viral Arteritis at the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture's Maxwell H. Gluck Equine Research Center.
The United Kingdom's Department for the Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs announced Dec. 17 that it imposed restrictions on Oct. 29 on a 5-year-old stallion on a premises in the Newmarket area of Suffolk following a positive blood test result for equine viral arteritis.
Mares going from Ireland to Britain are being tested for Equine Viral Arteritis, a practice which has been routine for mares visiting the country from the rest of Europe.
- By Mark Popham
Britain's Levy Board has extensively changed its codes of practice regarding the infectious diseases contagious equine metritis, equine herpesvirus, and equine viral arteritis.
Britain's Levy Board has extensively changed its codes of practice regarding the infectious diseases CEM, EHV and EVA, which can severely disrupt horse breeding.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet