Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
- By Tom LaMarra
The United States and European Union struck a new trade agreement Dec. 18 that will greatly lessen the fight over offshore Internet gambling.
All horses being exported from the United States to the European Union (EU) now require a negative (1:12) virus neutralization test for Vesicular Stomatitis (VS), a disease recently found to have infected horses in southwest Texas.
European horse buyers will have to begin paying a 5% excise tax on horses they purchase and bring home from the United States as a result of sanctions imposed against the U.S. on Monday by the European Union.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection