Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
- By Tom LaMarra
The United States and European Union struck a new trade agreement Dec. 18 that will greatly lessen the fight over offshore Internet gambling.
All horses being exported from the United States to the European Union (EU) now require a negative (1:12) virus neutralization test for Vesicular Stomatitis (VS), a disease recently found to have infected horses in southwest Texas.
European horse buyers will have to begin paying a 5% excise tax on horses they purchase and bring home from the United States as a result of sanctions imposed against the U.S. on Monday by the European Union.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby