The European Commission confirmed it has taken action that essentially bans the import of all horse meat and meat products from Mexico.
- By Mark Popham
The tax-free status of stallion income in Ireland will be abolished, as had been widely predicted, but not until July 31, 2008. Ireland's finance minister Brian Cowen announced the decision during his budget speech before the Irish parliament on Dec. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala