The Aga Khan's Dalakhani, winner of the Grand Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) and French Derby (Fr-I), was named Europe's Horse of the Year when the Cartier Awards were presented in London on Wednesday. The ceremony was held at London's Four Seasons Hotel.
Petrushka, the 2000 champion 3-year-old filly in England and Ireland, has been retired after suffering a strain to her right fore tendon while finishing fifth in the Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) at Epsom last Friday, June 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Wednesday at Saratoga