The Aga Khan's Dalakhani, winner of the Grand Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) and French Derby (Fr-I), was named Europe's Horse of the Year when the Cartier Awards were presented in London on Wednesday. The ceremony was held at London's Four Seasons Hotel.
Petrushka, the 2000 champion 3-year-old filly in England and Ireland, has been retired after suffering a strain to her right fore tendon while finishing fifth in the Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) at Epsom last Friday, June 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico