Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) winner Euro Charline will return to trainer Marco Botti in England for a 4-year-old campaign that will include a bid for the $6-million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) at Meydan, it was announced Oct. 14.
Euro Charline, winner of the Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) this summer, will miss the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) Oct. 11 at Keeneland after developing lameness in her right hind ankle.
Euro Charline will have the services of Racing Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez when she pursues a second straight grade I victory Oct. 11 in the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes at Keeneland.
Myboycharlie, already sire of a group I winner in the Southern Hemisphere, matched that feat with a member of his first European crop when 3-year-old filly Euro Charline won the Beverly D.
Images from Arlington Million Day at Arlington Park. View Slideshow
Euro Charline, a stakes winner at Ascot three weeks ago, soared through the stretch under a well-timed ride by Ryan Moore to upset the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) in her U.S. debut Aug. 16 on turf at Arlington
A mix of international runners, local heroes, and proven grade I winners will tussle in the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) for fillies and mares on Arlington Park's International Festival of Racing card Aug. 16 outside Chicago.
Rizeena, a disappointing classic starter last time out, repelled strong bids from Lesstalk In Paris and Euro Charline to win the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies June 20 at Royal Ascot.
Nineteen 3-year-old fillies are entered for the QIPCO One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) May 4 at Newmarket, led by early 7-2 favorite Rizeena.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely