Stakes winner Alyzig and grade II stakes-placed Eugene's Third Son will stand in 2006 at Jay Adcock's Red River Farms near Coushatta, La.
Serengeti Stable's Eugene's Third Son, who made a dazzling return to competition on Thursday at Churchill Downs, may find himself in California by the end of the year.
Serengeti Stable's Eugene's Third Son, runner-up in the Arkansas Derby (gr. III) and the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), underwent surgery Monday to remove a broken splint bone and will not run in either the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) or the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Juddmonte Farm's Empire Maker, the strong favorite for the 129th running of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), arrived at Churchill Downs Sunday afternoon to continue his preparations for the May 3 race. Several other leading contenders have joined the Wood Memorial winner at the historic track.
Last of 12 after the opening half-mile, 55-1 shot Sir Cherokee charged home with a powerful kick in the stretch to win the $500,000 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) over Eugene's Third Son at Oaklawn Park Saturday.
EUGENE'S THIRD SON
Paraneck Stable's New York Hero's valiant win in the $500,000 Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds highlighted a five-stakes day at Turfway Park Saturday.
Lion Tamer, Saintly Look, and Eugene's Third Son are among the colts en route to Turfway Park for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test