Harmony Lodge, one of the top sprint mares the last few seasons, has been retired from racing with 19 wins and placings from 24 starts.
Claiborne Farm has acquired a breeding interest in Eugene and Laura Melnyk's grade II winner Strong Hope and announced that the 4-year-old son of Grand Slam will enter stud at the Paris, Ky., nursery in 2005.
Stakes producer Brilliant Melody was euthanized May 13 because of complications from the infirmities of old age
Last weekend's running of the Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) run at Belmont Park has been downgraded to an ungraded listed race. The downgrade only affects the 2002 running that took place on Oct. 12.
Eugene and Laura Melnyk's Winding Oaks Farm has welcomed its first stallion prospect.
Appleby Gardens, the $2-million top-priced filly at the 2001 Saratoga select yearling sale, won the restricted Shady Well Stakes in her career debut at Woodbine on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze