The California Horse Racing Board will begin enforcing a regulation prohibiting the use of front toe grabs exceeding four millimeters in length after commissioners voted Feb. 22 to reverse their decision last month to ignore the rule.
F. Jack Liebau has been named president of the Hollywood Park Racing Association, replacing Rick Baedeker, who has joined Stockbridge Capital Group, the company that now oversees the Inglewood, Calif., track.
All horses trained by Mike Mitchell will undergo 24 hour surveillance before racing after one of his horses tested positive for an excessive amount of TC02, which is the total carbon dioxide in plasma from a blood sample obtained pre-race.
After a second meeting of trainers and track officials, Hollywood Park on June 30 averted a threatened boycott of entries by trainers unhappy with soaring workers' compensation insurance costs.
Most Popular Stories
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell