Following the June 23 referendum in which Great Britain voted to leave the European Union, stakeholders in the Thoroughbred industry are working to ensure its interests are represented as the nation enters a time of transition and uncertainty.
- By Tom LaMarra
The United States and European Union struck a new trade agreement Dec. 18 that will greatly lessen the fight over offshore Internet gambling.
All horses being exported from the United States to the European Union (EU) now require a negative (1:12) virus neutralization test for Vesicular Stomatitis (VS), a disease recently found to have infected horses in southwest Texas.
European horse buyers will have to begin paying a 5% excise tax on horses they purchase and bring home from the United States as a result of sanctions imposed against the U.S. on Monday by the European Union.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride