Circle Z Stables' Xchanger opened up by eight lengths and cruised to victory in the $100,000 Federico Tesio Stakes for 3-year-olds, while odds-on favorite Etude had nothing to offer when asked and finished off the board.
Fitzhugh LLC's Etude, winner of the Private Terms at Laurel Park last month, looms as the one to beat in Saturday's $125,000 Federico Tesio for 3-year-olds at Pimlico Race Course.
"NTRA Racing to the Kentucky Derby" is presenting same-day coverage of the $325,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) from Keeneland Race Course April 21, 6-7p.m. ET on ESPN2. Also on tap is the $125,000 Federico Tesio Stakes from Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore, a stepping stone for locally based horses hoping to start in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Ten new horses have joined Thoroughbred racing's 2007 Triple Crown trail as late nominees to the three classics, setting an overall record of 460 nominees.
There is no escaping the fact that Hard Spun proved he is a brilliant, classy horse with his bounce back performance in the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), but there is a question that pops up, that will be echoed after the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I): how legitimate was this race, or any race for that matter, run over a synthetic surface?
Trainer Richard Small has an emerging star in Etude, who galloped away to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $72,000 Private Terms Stakes for 3-year-olds at Laurel Park Saturday.
With a case to be made for most of the 10 colts or geldings entered in Saturday's $100,000 Private Terms Stakes for 3-year-olds at Laurel Park, it won't be easy for fans to separate the field for the one-mile test.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan