Mrs. Ethel D. Jacobs last summer made one of the most fortunate purchases of recent years when she bought from Ogden Phipps a 3-year-old War Admiral filly named Searching.
- By Esther Marr
To clear her mind and focus on fond memories, Patrice Wolfson, who bred and raced 1978 Triple Crown winner Affirmed with her recently deceased husband, Louis, attended a Jan. 17 auction at Christie's in New York that sold more than 200 racing trophies won by her late mother and father.
The famous cerise, black and white colors of Louis E. Wolfson's Harbor View Farm were back in the winner's circle Dec. 24 at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker