Mrs. Ethel D. Jacobs last summer made one of the most fortunate purchases of recent years when she bought from Ogden Phipps a 3-year-old War Admiral filly named Searching.
- By Esther Marr
To clear her mind and focus on fond memories, Patrice Wolfson, who bred and raced 1978 Triple Crown winner Affirmed with her recently deceased husband, Louis, attended a Jan. 17 auction at Christie's in New York that sold more than 200 racing trophies won by her late mother and father.
The famous cerise, black and white colors of Louis E. Wolfson's Harbor View Farm were back in the winner's circle Dec. 24 at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day