Mel Lawson, a member of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame, died July 27 in Burlington, Ontario.
Three-time Canadian champion Eternal Search died late last month at Curraghmore Farm near Waterdown, Ontario, Canada. Owned by Mel Lawson, the 29-year-old mare is by Northern Answer out of the Ruritania mare Bon Debarras.
Trainer Todd Pletcher already had a potential starter for the Aug. 20 Alabama (gr. I) in Spun Sugar, winner of the Black Eyed Susan (gr. II), but the leading Saratoga trainer believes you can never have too many top fillies and is considering sending Indian Vale to challenge her stablemate.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture