Slight choice Workin for Hops shook free from the leaders in upper stretch and drew away to a three-length victory in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park May 21.
Favored Workin for Hops captured the second leg of the Mid-America Triple and became a likely contender for the Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) next month when he dominated the field in the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT).
Bay to Bay wins the 1000 Guineas at Arlington; Robby Albarado gets a stakes double with Workin for Hops in the Arlington Classic
A racing partnership just for women takes off.
Most Popular Stories
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest