Queen Elizabeth II was delighted to accept the Cartier Stayer Award for her filly Estimate, who provided one of the high points of the 2013 flat season in England when winning the Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot.
Two Breeders' Cup World Championships winners, two trainers from the iconic Head family, and a filly owned by Her Majesty The Queen were among the honorees Nov. 12 when the 23rd annual Cartier Racing Awards were presented.
A salute to the winners of Royal Ascot 2013. Watch Video
Estimate led in the final furlong of the Gold Cup (Eng-I) June 20 at Royal Ascot and gamely turned back a strong challenge to narrowly prevail in the 2 1/2-mile marathon for owner Queen Elizabeth II.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Fallen For You showed an impressive turn of foot as she drew off in the final furlong to win the $422,500 Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown