Labatt Woodbine Oaks winner Sealy Hill faces the biggest test of her career when the 3-year-old filly takes on a strong group of fillies and mares in the $1-million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 21.
Arravale, Canada's Horse of the Year in 2006, makes her long awaited seasonal debut Sunday at Woodbine in the $300,000 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-II).
Sam-Son Farm's Strike Softly won her third consecutive race while taking the CAN$336,700 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) Saturday at Woodbine over a firm E.P. Taylor Turf Course.
With Canada's 2006 Horse of the Year Arravale skipping the race due to an injury, a field of eight entered for Saturday's $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares at Woodbine.
Eclipse Award winner Wait a While, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, will carry 123 pounds in Saturday's $200,000 Jenny Wiley (gr. IIT). The 4-year-old Maria's Mon filly is the co-topweight in the 1 1/16-mile turf race for fillies and mares, along with Precious Kitten.
Most Popular Stories
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004