Chiefswood Stable's homebred Leading Edge, a daughter of Tapit out of a grade II winner, heads Woodbine's Princess Elizabeth Stakes Nov. 2. The $250,000 race is for Canadian-foaled fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
Labatt Woodbine Oaks winner Sealy Hill faces the biggest test of her career when the 3-year-old filly takes on a strong group of fillies and mares in the $1-million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 21.
Arravale, Canada's Horse of the Year in 2006, makes her long awaited seasonal debut Sunday at Woodbine in the $300,000 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-II).
Sam-Son Farm's Strike Softly won her third consecutive race while taking the CAN$336,700 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) Saturday at Woodbine over a firm E.P. Taylor Turf Course.
With Canada's 2006 Horse of the Year Arravale skipping the race due to an injury, a field of eight entered for Saturday's $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares at Woodbine.
Eclipse Award winner Wait a While, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, will carry 123 pounds in Saturday's $200,000 Jenny Wiley (gr. IIT). The 4-year-old Maria's Mon filly is the co-topweight in the 1 1/16-mile turf race for fillies and mares, along with Precious Kitten.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win