Jockeys Javier Castellano, Ramon Dominguez, Mario Gutierrez, and John Velazquez are the four nominees in the "Best Jockey" category for the 20th annual ESPY awards, ESPN announced June 27
The 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Blame, along with the movie "Secretariat" and jockeys Ramon Dominguez, Garrett Gomez, and John Velazquez were nominated for Espy Awards.
Jockey Calvin Borel, who has ridden the winners of three of the last four runnings of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), was honored July 14 with an ESPY Award for Best Jockey.
Jockeys John Velazquez, Garrett Gomez, and Edgar Prado are competing in the jockey category of the ESPY Awards, in which fans vote for outstanding performers or performances in 39 different categories.
Jerry Bailey, Javier Castellano, Jeremy Rose and Mike Smith have been nominated the Top Jockey category for ESPY awards presented by ESPN.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Winners Post Works at Saratoga
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap