Jockeys Javier Castellano, Ramon Dominguez, Mario Gutierrez, and John Velazquez are the four nominees in the "Best Jockey" category for the 20th annual ESPY awards, ESPN announced June 27
The 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Blame, along with the movie "Secretariat" and jockeys Ramon Dominguez, Garrett Gomez, and John Velazquez were nominated for Espy Awards.
Jockey Calvin Borel, who has ridden the winners of three of the last four runnings of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), was honored July 14 with an ESPY Award for Best Jockey.
Jockeys John Velazquez, Garrett Gomez, and Edgar Prado are competing in the jockey category of the ESPY Awards, in which fans vote for outstanding performers or performances in 39 different categories.
Jerry Bailey, Javier Castellano, Jeremy Rose and Mike Smith have been nominated the Top Jockey category for ESPY awards presented by ESPN.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast