Florida-based bloodstock agent Justin Casse went to 525,000 guineas (US$867,620) to secure group III winner Esentepe, in foal to Frankel, on opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 1 in Newmarket.
Less than a month after upsetting odds-on Lady of Fifty in the Marjorie L. Everett Handicap (gr. II), Open Water will attempt to do it again in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) June 15 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Halo Dolly looks for her first victory of the year while carrying top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 28, the first graded stakes of the Betfair Hollywood Park meet.
Group III winner Esentepe topped the second day of the Tattersalls July sale, bringing 220,000 guineas ($358,770).
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- Charles Town, Oaklawn Cancel Friday Cards
- New Round of Casino Bidding OK'd in New York
- Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Semifinalists Named
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions