Florida-based bloodstock agent Justin Casse went to 525,000 guineas (US$867,620) to secure group III winner Esentepe, in foal to Frankel, on opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 1 in Newmarket.
Less than a month after upsetting odds-on Lady of Fifty in the Marjorie L. Everett Handicap (gr. II), Open Water will attempt to do it again in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) June 15 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Grade II winner Halo Dolly looks for her first victory of the year while carrying top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 28, the first graded stakes of the Betfair Hollywood Park meet.
Group III winner Esentepe topped the second day of the Tattersalls July sale, bringing 220,000 guineas ($358,770).
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen