Canadian champion Sand Cove and graded stakes winner Society's Chairman have been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at James and Janeane Everatt's Shannondoe Farm near St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
Last at the top of the lane, Society's Chairman charged relentlessly on the far outside to nip fellow Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney by a head in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 20.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses