Canadian champion Sand Cove and graded stakes winner Society's Chairman have been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at James and Janeane Everatt's Shannondoe Farm near St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
Last at the top of the lane, Society's Chairman charged relentlessly on the far outside to nip fellow Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney by a head in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 20.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees