Canadian champion Sand Cove and graded stakes winner Society's Chairman have been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at James and Janeane Everatt's Shannondoe Farm near St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
Last at the top of the lane, Society's Chairman charged relentlessly on the far outside to nip fellow Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney by a head in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 20.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets