Veteran Illinois-based trainer Charlie Bettis died June 21 at the age of 62 of natural causes, according to Arlington Park.
Black Tie Affair, the 1991 Horse of the Year, was euthanized July 1 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility in Georgetown, Ky., due to the effects of laminitis. He was 24.
Black Tie Affair, 1991 Horse of the Year, has been pensioned at Randy Funkhouser's O'Sullivan Farms near Charles Town, W.Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience