Fans coming to Saratoga Race Course Aug. 26 will be able to help the almost 200 Thoroughbred horses recently rescued from a Greene County Farm. In April, 2009, police raided the Climax, N.Y. farm of horse breeder Ernest Paragallo who has been arraigned on 35 counts of animal cruelty, accused of failing to adequately care for the horses at his farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup