Complaint dismissed "with prejudice," meaning the allegations can't be pursued again. Settlement also includes the addition of three new independently appointed members to the TRF board.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation is now stabilized with a full board of directors.
Embattled trainer Rick Dutrow said he will not let a recent ruling by the New York's highest court, which would allow regulators to take away his license to work in New York, to stand without a fight.
A state Supreme Court judge in New York has refused to dismiss a stinging legal case against the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation brought by the state's top lawyer.
With affidavits from a whistleblower and a veterinarian, New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is pushing ahead with efforts to oust the board of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Directors of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation have filed papers in New York State Supreme Court calling for dismissal of a lawsuit filed by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman that seeks removal of the TRF board.
New York's attorney general is accusing current and former directors of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation of driving the group into financial insolvency and causing harm, and death, of some horses under their care.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic