Penn National Gaming Inc. reported solid numbers for the second quarter of 2011 and said it expects good things from existing and potential properties despite increased competition.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has submitted an application to the Maryland Racing Commission to resume operations at shuttered Rosecroft Raceway June 1.
Penn National Gaming Inc. officials said April 21 they believe if the question of racetrack video lottery terminals makes the ballot in Texas it has a good chance to pass.
Penn National Gaming Inc. confirmed Jan. 21 there is a possibility it may attempt to relocate one or both of its Ohio racetracks to avoid competition with full-scale casinos the company is building nearby.
The owners of Laurel Park and Pimlico intend to submit a plan to the Maryland Racing Commission to conduct 77 days of live racing during the first half of the 2011 season.
The head of the company that co-owns Pimlico Race Course and Laurel Park said Dec. 2 that he will try to break the impasse threatening the future of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) when he travels to Maryland next week.
Thoroughbred owner Michael Gill, ejected from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course Feb. 2 by order of the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission, said he has no intention of reversing his decision to leave racing.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has named Eric Schippers vice president of public affairs, a new position at the company.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull