Wyoming Downs has selected KB3 Marketing as its partner to offer Historic Horse Race wagering at multiple locations throughout the state.
Playfair's racing days could be over for good. The 65-acre property that includes the track near Spokane, Wash., is listed for sale for $7 million and all of its contents and equipment--starting gate, tractors, seating, and more--will be auctioned March 4.
Playfair Race Course, which was to have opened in September for its first live meet since 2000, will not operate for simulcasting or hold its live meet.
Eric Nelson, the current operator of Playfair Race Course, has apparently shut down simulcasting at the track near Spokane, Wash., for two weeks. According to a story in Wednesday's local paper, the Spokesman-Review, Nelson said it's a "cooling off period."
The owner of Playfair Race Course in Washington said a proposed tax increase is behind his plan to cancel live racing in 2003.
A Vermont legislator has introduced a bill to authorize year-round simulcasting with the ultimate goal of reopening Green Mountain Park, a racetrack that closed in 1992.
The Washington Horse Racing Commission granted Playfair 40 live racing dates for 2003.
Eric Nelson wants to return Playfair Race Course near Spokane, Wash., to its "glory days." On Oct. 31 the Washington Horse Racing Commission gave Nelson the go-ahead to start that process by granting him an operating license.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
Playfair could open as soon as 2003; Andy Stronach interested in building turf track near Canadian border.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf