The cliché of a "paid workout" gets bandied about when a horse wins with ease, but the term seemed to fit June 3 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has received approval from the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to conduct 193 days of live racing in 2015.
The threat of a Thanksgiving Eve holiday snowstorm set to hit the mid-Atlantic region has forced the postponement of the Wednesday, Nov. 26 Holiday Racing Festival card at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
J. Curtis Linnell was appointed vice president of wagering analysis and operations for the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau at its board meeting Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Eric Johnston, currently vice president of racing/racing secretary at Sam Houston Race Park, has been named director of racing operations for Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Sam Houston Race Park revamps stakes schedule for 2013, offers "Ship Assist" program for owners who start horse in Houston Ladies Classic and undercard stakes.
Sam Houston Race Park reported a 35% increase in live pari-mutuel handle and a 40% jump in attendance for its 31-day Thoroughbred meet, which ended March 12.
The 2010 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) logo features a galloping horse before the Brooklyn Bridge, the New York City skyline, and the Empire State Building. The 142nd Belmont is set for June 5.
Texas-breds will take the spotlight at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 for the track's annual Texas Champion Day program, which features eight restricted stakes worth more than $500,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta