Sunrise Stallions of New York announced its 2017 stud fees. Big Brown will stand for $7,500; Frost Giant for $5,000; Heavy Breathing, $2,500.
Champion Big Brown, who is enjoying a career-best year with progeny earnings of over $5.2 million and is New York's leading sire, will stand for $10,000 in 2016 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains.
Prominent New York stallion Frost Giant, who set an Empire State record for freshman progeny earnings in 2012 and leads the 2013 second-crop sire list by a wide margin, will stand the 2014 season for $10,000, up from $7,500.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
Andrew Cohen missed owning a Triple Crown winner when Big Brown came up empty in the Belmont. This week he tries to complete a personal Triple Crown when Giant Finish tries the Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired