Champion Big Brown, who is enjoying a career-best year with progeny earnings of over $5.2 million and is New York's leading sire, will stand for $10,000 in 2016 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains.
Prominent New York stallion Frost Giant, who set an Empire State record for freshman progeny earnings in 2012 and leads the 2013 second-crop sire list by a wide margin, will stand the 2014 season for $10,000, up from $7,500.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
Andrew Cohen missed owning a Triple Crown winner when Big Brown came up empty in the Belmont. This week he tries to complete a personal Triple Crown when Giant Finish tries the Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- First Starters for Stay Thirsty, Shackleford
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop