Champion Big Brown, who is enjoying a career-best year with progeny earnings of over $5.2 million and is New York's leading sire, will stand for $10,000 in 2016 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains.
Prominent New York stallion Frost Giant, who set an Empire State record for freshman progeny earnings in 2012 and leads the 2013 second-crop sire list by a wide margin, will stand the 2014 season for $10,000, up from $7,500.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
Andrew Cohen missed owning a Triple Crown winner when Big Brown came up empty in the Belmont. This week he tries to complete a personal Triple Crown when Giant Finish tries the Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al