The Jockeys' Guild paid $448,000 to Matrix Capital Associates in 2003, according to a financial report the Guild filed Feb. 11 with the U.S. Department of Labor.
A permanently disabled jockey that claimed the Jockeys' Guild wasn't reimbursing him for medical and Guild-related expenses because of his public criticism of Guild management has been partially compensated.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker