The Jockeys' Guild paid $448,000 to Matrix Capital Associates in 2003, according to a financial report the Guild filed Feb. 11 with the U.S. Department of Labor.
A permanently disabled jockey that claimed the Jockeys' Guild wasn't reimbursing him for medical and Guild-related expenses because of his public criticism of Guild management has been partially compensated.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week