All of the Thoroughbreds owned by the Estate of F. Eugene Dixon Jr.'s Erdenheim Farm will be dispersed at the 2007 Keeneland January sale.
J'ray, expected to be the prohibitive favorite in the $100,000 Herecomesthebride (gr. IIIT), was scratched instead and Aunt Henny took full advantage, overcoming some early rankness to win the 3-year-old filly stakes Sunday on the Gulfstream Park turf.
The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
As the mixed sale season comes to a close, the numbers decreased during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter sale Feb. 7 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium. Tanta Bertie, an 8-year-old daughter of Slew City Slew, topped the sale with a final bid of $80,000 from Erdenheim Farm.
Erdenheim Farm's two-time defending winner Dr. Kashnikow bids for a rare Churchill Downs 'hat trick' when he takes on a strong field of veteran turf stars in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Dr. Kashnikow unleashed a furious stretch run to nip 53-1 longshot Foster's Landing by a nose at the wire in the $175,750 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a yielding turf at Churchill Downs Sunday.
The motif was unmistakably red at Churchill Downs for the 28th running of the Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 10. Besides the bird of that color, University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino, the state's most famous Cardinal, was on hand signing autographs for the faithful. The color scheme didn't last for the race's finish, however, when the familiar hue of Claiborne Farm's orange flashed across the wire on the back of its homebred filly Watch.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm