All of the Thoroughbreds owned by the Estate of F. Eugene Dixon Jr.'s Erdenheim Farm will be dispersed at the 2007 Keeneland January sale.
J'ray, expected to be the prohibitive favorite in the $100,000 Herecomesthebride (gr. IIIT), was scratched instead and Aunt Henny took full advantage, overcoming some early rankness to win the 3-year-old filly stakes Sunday on the Gulfstream Park turf.
The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
As the mixed sale season comes to a close, the numbers decreased during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter sale Feb. 7 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium. Tanta Bertie, an 8-year-old daughter of Slew City Slew, topped the sale with a final bid of $80,000 from Erdenheim Farm.
Erdenheim Farm's two-time defending winner Dr. Kashnikow bids for a rare Churchill Downs 'hat trick' when he takes on a strong field of veteran turf stars in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Dr. Kashnikow unleashed a furious stretch run to nip 53-1 longshot Foster's Landing by a nose at the wire in the $175,750 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a yielding turf at Churchill Downs Sunday.
The motif was unmistakably red at Churchill Downs for the 28th running of the Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 10. Besides the bird of that color, University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino, the state's most famous Cardinal, was on hand signing autographs for the faithful. The color scheme didn't last for the race's finish, however, when the familiar hue of Claiborne Farm's orange flashed across the wire on the back of its homebred filly Watch.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach