Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel and trainer Carl Nafzger are among the celebrity bartenders who will take part in a fundraising event supporting the Backside Learning Center and the Race for Education to be held at the Kentucky Derby Museum next to Churchill Downs following the running of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) Saturday.
Immediately following the June 16 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I), the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville will host a happy hour with local "celebrity" bartenders. The event will support the Backside Learning Center and the Race for Education. Presented by the Equine Wellness Foundation to benefit horsemen's education, special guests will serve their favorite drinks.
The Equine Wellness Foundation will present a post-race "Happy Hour" following the June 16 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) in support of the Klein Family Learning Center and The Race for Education, the Kentucky Derby Museum announced June 7.
On Kentucky Derby Day, the Equine Wellness Foundation donated $10,000 to the Barbaro Fund at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The funds will support research on laminitis, which ultimately was responsible for Barbaro's death in January 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill