While pedigree, conformation, and the racing performance of siblings are the main selection criteria utilized by buyers to evaluate the athletic potential of Thoroughbred yearlings, there is also a positive correlation between size of a yearling and selling price at the Keeneland September yearling sales, according to Dr. Joe Pagan.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week