For the fourth consecutive year, New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program is working with trainers and owners of Breeders' Cup contenders to pledge a percentage of their earnings to support New Vocations.
Jane Lyon and Karen Bailey of Summer Wind will sign their new book, Primerica, at Old Friends Saturday, Dec. 18.
New York-based trainer Gary Contessa has been named president of the Exceller Fund, a non-profit organization that transitions former racehorses into new careers.
California took a first step toward helping more horses after their racing years with the final approval of a new fund to support the state's equine retirement facilities.
- By Esther Marr
The Flying Wallendas appeared at Old Friends in Central Kentucky for a July 14 performance that was part of a fundraiser.
A segment on the CBS Evening News generated some positive feedback for Old Friends, the equine retirement facility that has a deal with a racing partnership group to create a retirement plan for horses.
Old Friends, the equine retirement facility in Central Kentucky, is reaching outside the horse industry to raise funds for and awareness of its residents.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory