A day after two horses broke down in the same race on the turf at Saratoga Race Course the issue dominated a scheduled New York Racing Association Equine Safety Committee.
The California Horse Racing Board's equine medical director would be restricted to serving no more than two two-year terms consecutively under a state Assembly bill currently before a legislative committee.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority announced May 19 that Dr. Mary Scollay has been appointed to the new position of equine medical director.
Dr. Tom David has been hired as equine medical director for the Louisiana State Racing Commission effective July 9.
Implementation of a training stable that would produce samples for equine drug testing, and hiring of an equine medical director have the support of the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, but both are hold for at least a few months.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, using funds from the state equine drug council, hopes to hire an equine medical director.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Dominant in Native Diver
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Chiropractor Closes for Hollywood Derby Upset
- Commissioner Ends Career on High Note
- Swagger Jagger a Feel-Good Gulfstream Winner
- Airoforce Splashes Home in KY Jockey Club
- Hoppertunity to Prepare for Dubai World Cup
- California Chrome Breezes Steadily at Los Al
- Family Meeting Stuns Durante Field at 37-1
- Unbeaten Mohaymen Easily Takes Remsen