Fifth Third Bank has filed a lawsuit against Gulf Coast Farms, North America's fourth-leading breeder for 2010, and related entities alleging they are in default on loans made in 2009 and 2010.
There's a new president in town, and a Congress even more dominated by Democrats, but one of the nation's top lobbyists for equine interests said April 30 that the horse industry must be ever-diligent about protecting and advancing its positions in Washington, D.C.
American Horse Council president James J. Hickey Jr. briefed attorneys May 1 on legislative actions in Congress during the 23rd National Conference on Equine Law, but he also handicapped the immediate passage chances of a couple of them as remote.
Laura D'Angelo, a leading equine attorney and partner at the Kentucky law firm of Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP, will be teaching Equine Law in the 2007Spring semester at the University of Kentucky College of law. The two credit course, offered to upper-class law students, is the only one of its kind at UK.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top