"Now, more than ever, we as track operators, horsemen, and regulators must come together to do everything we can to prevent any abuse of our Thoroughbred athletes," Stronach said.
Acupuncture services are now available at Penn Vet's New Bolton Center, the the large animal hospital announced Aug. 28.
Notes from the 2012 AAEP Conference Programs. Download Now
Health and safety procedures announced for two-day Breeders' Cup program.
Kentucky State veterinarian Robert Stout said the state has begun enforcing regulations that require any horse traveling within Kentucky--except farm-to-farm and to approved sales--to have a current Coggins test (within the previous 12 months) and a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection conducted within the previous 150 days.
The board of directors of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has authorized funding of 22 equine research projects for a total of $777,524 in the year 2002.
A panel discussion on medication use and regulations in the pari-mutuel industry will be part of an equine medical symposium hosted by the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine March 14-15 in Hollywood Beach, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31