"Now, more than ever, we as track operators, horsemen, and regulators must come together to do everything we can to prevent any abuse of our Thoroughbred athletes," Stronach said.
Acupuncture services are now available at Penn Vet's New Bolton Center, the the large animal hospital announced Aug. 28.
Notes from the 2012 AAEP Conference Programs. Download Now
Health and safety procedures announced for two-day Breeders' Cup program.
Kentucky State veterinarian Robert Stout said the state has begun enforcing regulations that require any horse traveling within Kentucky--except farm-to-farm and to approved sales--to have a current Coggins test (within the previous 12 months) and a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection conducted within the previous 150 days.
The board of directors of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has authorized funding of 22 equine research projects for a total of $777,524 in the year 2002.
- By Tom LaMarra
A panel discussion on medication use and regulations in the pari-mutuel industry will be part of an equine medical symposium hosted by the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine March 14-15 in Hollywood Beach, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet