The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission approved a pair of recommendations from the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council July 17, including a "Rapid Response" protocol to examine emerging illegal drugs.
An advisory panel to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has given final approval to regulatory changes that include permitting an owner to void the claim of a horse that tested positive.
Two panels of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission have begun the lengthy--and potentially contentious--process of reviewing and revising the state's medication regulations.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's Equine Drug Research Council has withdrawn support and funding for one of six projects that it had approved for 2010.
Proposed regulations governing out-of-competition testing in Kentucky have been approved for consideration by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission at its Sept. 7 meeting.
A committee of the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council is continuing to gather information on anabolic steroids and is not yet ready to make a recommendation to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Penalties for the violation of Kentucky's new medication guidelines were approved March 13 by the joint Administrative Regulation Review Subcommittee. The penalties now face review and approval of one additional committee before taking effect.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority, acting on advice from the Equine Drug Research Council, unanimously approved medication withdrawal guidelines and threshold levels at a special meeting Feb. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound