EquineCommerce.com, the online company which sells horses through a bid/ask system, registered its first sale on Dec. 30. An online bidder purchased a Smart Strike no-guarantee season for $24,500. EquineCommerce.com launched its Web site in early December.
EquineCommerce.com quietly opened for business earlier this week, failing to sell any horses or stallion seasons in its first series of listings. But the company's chief executive was pleased because the software for the company's Web site worked well.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen