EquineCommerce.com, the online company which sells horses through a bid/ask system, registered its first sale on Dec. 30. An online bidder purchased a Smart Strike no-guarantee season for $24,500. EquineCommerce.com launched its Web site in early December.
EquineCommerce.com quietly opened for business earlier this week, failing to sell any horses or stallion seasons in its first series of listings. But the company's chief executive was pleased because the software for the company's Web site worked well.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day